Llanfihangel Rhydithon CP School
Tel: 01597 851289
Headteacher: Mr A Shearman BA (hons) ITT QTS NPQH
Please click on the links to download a document
Please click on the link to download the school newsletter
Newsletter 5th September 2014files/Newsletters/Autumn 2014/05-09-14.doc
Click on the link below to open the latest school prospectus.
Llanfihangel Rhydithon CP School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
2. to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
3. to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2014-15 Llanfihangel Rhydithon CP School was provided with a PDG allocation of £918.
At Llanfihangel Rhydithon CP School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by PowysLocal Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
· enhance teaching and learning by providing the Catch-up in Numeracy and Literacy programme of support
· provide training for school staff in Catch-up in Numeracy.
· implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.
· developed leadership capacity to prioritise the impact on the quality of provision and outcomes
On this page there are whole school documents that you can download, such as Newsletters, School Policies, etc.
For class specific documents please go to the class page
Please select from the menu bar on the left what information you require.
Meet the Staff
Executive Headteacher: Mr A Shearman
Dolau Playschool: Mrs Sue Colman
Mrs Luan Price
Foundation Phase Classteacher: Miss E Thomas
Key Stage 2 Classteacher: Miss R Walker
Classroom Assistants: Mrs B Morgan
Mr K Parsons
Breakfast Club: Mrs Tracy Jones
Mrs Claire Morris
School Administrator: Mrs J Bradford
Welsh peripatetic Teacher: Mrs B Barlow
We are very proud of the work our students achieve in our school.
We will select a new piece of work each week to display
The Breakfast Club has been very popular since its launch in April 2013. It is run by Tracy Jones and Claire Morris.
It is free to all registered users and helps children start their learning day.